This indulgent Banoffee Pie might not be the traditional Christmas dessert but makes a great addition to any celebration table!
2.5 hours (inc. chilling)
behind the scenes
Is it Love or is it Banoffee Pie?!
It may not be the quintessential Christmas treat but if Banoffee Pie is good enough to feature in Love Actually then it’s good enough for us! Please tell us we’re not the only ones who remember the scene…when Juliet shows up on Mark’s doorstep looking for some wedding video footage, it’s banoffee pie that she turns to for a little bit of bribery!
And while he may have turned it down in an effort to hide his love for her, we never turn down a slice of this banoffee pie; not even in the name of love!
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Banoffee Pie is actually all around!
A crumbly Digestive biscuit crust, rich caramel-toffee filling, layers of bananas and all topped off with snowy whipped cream; erm hello perfection!
And while banoffee pie might not be the first thought that you have when planning your Christmas menus, don’t put it to bed just yet. It’s rich indulgent layers make it perfect for celebratory meals while the flavours and textures offer a lighter alternative to some of the seasonal classics.
In fact, this banoffee pie is probably one of the most requested recipes at some of our holiday family gatherings! Trust us, banoffee pie is the perfect chaser to the obligatory slice of Christmas cake or Christmas pudding (we’re actually quite partial to both of those but are aware we’re often in the minority on that one!) and is almost always a winner with the little ones too.
So, what are you waiting for? Stock up on the Digestives and get ready to add this banoffee pie into your Christmas menu rotation –we promise you won’t look back!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
- 250 g Digestive biscuits
- 100 g unsalted butter melted
- 350 g tin of dulce de leche
- 2 large bananas sliced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 25 g icing sugar
- chocolate shavings optional
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the Digestive biscuits into a food processor and pulse until small crumbs.
- Mix the Digestive biscuits with the melted butter until fully combined; the mixture will look a little like wet sand.
- Push the mixture into a 9" shallow pie dish. Use your hands to ensure it is pushed well into the base and up the sides.
- Place the pie dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Once removed, allow to cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cool, gently spread the dulce de leche over the Digestive biscuit base. Top with the banana slice and set aside while you make the whipped cream.
- In a large bowl, whisk the double cream, vanilla and icing sugar together until soft peaks form. Carefully, place the cream on top of the banana layer and place the pie in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- When ready to serve, remove from the refrigerator and top with the chocolate shavings.
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, Jolly Festive’s 2022 Christmas Biscuit Box has arrived and there’s something delicious for everyone!
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
This strawberry & banana candy cane is a fun easy Christmas fruit board, perfect for kids’ Christmas parties & a North Pole Breakfast.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!