Combining two of our favourite Christmas treats, this easy chocolate orange fudge is perfect for a little festive bite!
40 mins + chilling
behind the scenes
It’s not Terry’s…It’s my Chocolate Orange Fudge!
CHOCOLATE ORANGE FUDGE!! Did you hear us?! It’s rich, indulgent, moreish…everything you’ve been dreaming of!
We always knew that we loved Grandma Gleeson’s Fudge! There’s a reason that our friend makes it year after year…and that we look forward to it every year. And it turns out, that you all loved it too!
So we thought, why not branch out and try to add a little more festive flare to the recipe by combining it with the flavours of one of our favourite Christmas treats. And all of a sudden, this easy chocolate orange fudge recipe was born!
When we say easy…we mean easy! If you mastered Grandma Gleeson’s fudge then this chocolate orange fudge recipe will be a walk in the park for you! Instead of adding vanilla at the end, we’ve swapped that out for seasonal hit of orange. Stir in some chocolate and BANG…chocolate orange fudge!
Sticking to dark chocolate is imperative here though. Don’t worry about it being too bitter. This chocolate orange fudge has over 500g sugar to make sure it’s sweet enough for you!
Gift Ideas for the Host/Hostess!
We’ve rounded up our favourite gift ideas for the host/hostess so you’ll never have to worry about arriving empty handed!
Oh Fudge! This Chocolate Orange Fudge is GOOOOD!
Plus, this easy chocolate orange fudge lasts for 1-2 weeks in an airtight container, meaning you can get ahead and make sure you always have a little sweet treat on hand for any last minute guests who pop around.
And if you can bring yourself to part with it at all (it is seriously addictive –be warned!) then this makes the perfect gift. Just think to yourself…who would I buy a chocolate orange for…and chocolate orange fudge will be their jam!
↑ Check Out Your Printable Labels Here ↑
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Chocolate Orange Fudge
- 397 g full fat condensed milk
- 8 tbsp warm water
- 140 g butter unsalted
- 560 g granulated sugar
- 3 rounded dessertspoons golden syrup
- pinch of salt
- zest of 1 orange
- juice of 2 oranges
- 200 g dark chocolate chips
- Grease a tin about 10 inches square and set aside.
- Pour the condensed milk into a thick bottom pan. Use the water to swill out the square tin and then add to the pan of condensed milk along with the butter, sugar, salt and golden syrup.
- Heat the pan gently over a low heat, taking care not to bring to the boil until all of the sugar has dissolved; stir intermittently to ensure it doesn’t catch.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, increase the heat to medium-high, bringing the mixture to a fast boil. Stir continuously, ensuring you scrape the bottom and sides of the pan.
- The mixture will thicken and begin to turn a dark golden colour. Test for the right consistency by dropping a small teaspoon of mixture into a bowl of cold water. You should be able to form this into a soft ball which holds its shape. If not, boil a little longer and test again.
- Once soft ball stage is achieved, remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and add the orange zest, juice and the chocolate. Beat the mixture until the chocolate is fully melted and the orange zest and juice are incorporated.
- Quickly pour into the prepared tin and leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours to cool and harden.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Indulge in our no-churn Cadbury Chocolate Finger ice cream—a delicious creamy vanilla treat with crushed chocolate biscuits!
Enjoy the luscious blend of minty freshness and rich dark chocolate with this divine creamy homemade no churn After Eight ice cream recipe.
Introducing our 2023 Christmas Biscuit Box. Returning for a third year, it’s our best yet! Prepare to drool as you create this beautiful homemade gift.