- Family Friendly
- Time & Effort
- Supplies Needed
Whether you want to create 24 magical days of Christmas fun and adventure, add a couple of extra special treats and activities to a homemade advent calendar or simply make an occasion of a few festive treats planned during December, we’ve got you covered!
We’ve pulled together 36 advent calendar activities for you to enjoy with your friends and family. These are simple easy Christmas advent activity ideas, sure to bring a smile to faces and add plenty of Christmas cheer.
And in usual Jolly Festive form, we’ve created FREE printable tags ready for you to print out and add to your advent calendar.
Simply sign up to our newsletter to download the tags and get access to the Resource Library where you’ll find our complete range of free festive printables and downloads.
What’s more, you’ll find below our suggestions for how to pair your advent activities with little festive treats. Perfect for adding a little extra wow to a December morning or even upgrading an advent goodie to a full-blown Christmas gift!
Host A Mince Pie Taste Test
Simply sign-up in the form below and then scroll down for suggestions of how to add a little festive treat to pop alongside each activity tag.
GRAB YOUR FREE PRINTABLE ADVENT ACTIVITY TAGS!
Subscribe to our mailing list for access to your Christmas activity printable vouchers: 36 fun festive activity tags ready to download, print and use!
You'll also get access to all our other Jolly Festive printables and planning resources.
You have Successfully Subscribed!
36 Christmas Activity ideas
Christmas Advent Activities & How To Pair Them!
We’ve also created a handy one-page printable with all the details. Download your copy and let it help inspire as you create a homemade advent calendar for your lucky recipient!
Christmas Crafts For Toddlers & Young Children
Christmas Advent Activity Ideas
- Make Christmas Cookies – cookie cutter / sprinkles / wooden spoon
- Make mocktails & cocktails – miniature spirits / cocktail sticks
- Feed the birds – bird seed
- Roast chestnuts – chestnuts
- Fill Christmas crackers – party-bag toys / cracker jokes
- Build a snowman – magic snow
- Watch a Christmas movie – hot chocolate / popcorn / DVD / bingo sheets
- Go for a winter stroll – gloves / hat
- Go ice-skating or to a lights trail – gloves / hat / tickets for the rink or trail
- Visit Father Christmas – invitation
- Decorate the house for Christmas – ornament / paper chains / other small decorations
- Get crafty – Christmas craft kit / stickers / crayons
- Snuggle & read – Christmas book / bookmark
- Make pizza – pizza cutter
- Design our own Christmas jumpers – plain jumpers / tinsel / pompoms / stencils
- Have a sing-a-long – song sheets / Christams hats
- Go for a hot chocolate / coffee – voucher for local coffee shop or cafe
- Go & find some Christmas lights – snap glow-sticks / woolly hat
- Toast marshmallows – marshmallows / skewers
- Play a game – festive game / pack of cards / charade clues
- Decorate the Christmas cake – Christmas cake toppers / icing nozzles
- Have a Christmas quiz – quiz sheets / pens / notepads
- Go to the panto – Glow sticks / flashing festive torch / tickets
- Do a mince pie tasting – notepad / pens / blindfold
- Make a snow scene – snow spray / stencils
- Make Christmas jam / chutney – jar labels / jar toppers / wooden spoon
- Design a gingerbread house – icing tubes & nozzles / bag of sweets
- Have a North Pole Breakfast – festive dish / sweet treats / candy canes
- Have a spa night – bath bombs / facemasks /nail polish
- Make a Christmas wreath – decorative touches / floristry wire
- Make clay ornaments – air dry clay / paints / letter stamps
- Write Christmas cards / to Father Christmas – metallic pens / stickers / stamps
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
Windsor Great Park is awash with festive colour once again as Windsor Illuminated Christmas lights trail returns to the park for 2022!
Grab these FREE Elf on the Shelf printables; easy to use and the perfect addition to your North Pole Breakfast celebrations!