Loaded with cinnamon brown sugar & encased in puff pastry, these Christmas Morning Pop Tarts are everything you need in a festive breakfast!
behind the scenes
Adding Some POP to Christmas Morning
Quick, easy, indulgent and special –all things that we want in a Christmas morning breakfast but rarely find.
Well, I declare that it is now time to call off the search –these Christmas morning Pop Tarts are going to be the best start to your Christmas Day festivities!
They come together in 45mins (the majority of which is cooking time), are perfect for little hands to help with (if you can pull them away from the presents) and allow you to feel like a domestic god or goddess!
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
I’ve switched out the more traditional sweet short crust pastry, which you would normally find in pop tarts, for puff pastry and let me tell you, it is a game changer!
Suddenly a labor-intensive breakfast becomes the work of minutes, and who doesn’t love the buttery flakiness of puff pastry?!
Add in a generous dose of seasonal cinnamon, top with festive sprinkles and you truly have the best Christmas morning breakfast.
Whether you’re going to wash it down with a cup of tea/coffee or perhaps even a bucks fizz –these are definitely the way to go.
And please, don’t feel that these should be limited to just Christmas morning…I think they work perfectly on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day or even New Year’s Day –so, what are you waiting for?!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Christmas Morning Pop Tarts
- 500 g puff pastry if frozen, defrost in refrigerator overnight
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 100 g light brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 250 g icing sugar sifted
- 50 ml milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 190C, and line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the light brown sugar, cinnamon and flour; set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and the milk; set aside.
- On a flour dusted surface, roll out one of the puff pastry sheets into a rectangle approximately 30 x 20cm. Cut into 6 square, each approximately 10 x 10cm.
- Brush 3 of the squares with the egg and milk mixture and then gently spoon 2tbsp of the brown sugar cinnamon mixture into the center of those squares. Ensure the sugar mixture is distributed across the square, leaving a 2cm boarder clear around the edge.
- Place an egg wash free square of pastry on top. Press the edges together with a fork to seal. Gently egg wash the top of the pastry pop tart. Repeat with the remaining squares, and then repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry.
- Place in the oven for 25-30min or until puff and golden brown.
- While the pop tarts cool, make the icing. Whisk together the icing sugar, 50ml of milk and vanilla extract.
- Drizzle the icing over the cooled pop tarts and top with Christmas sprinkles –enjoy!
2022 Christmas Biscuit Box
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, Jolly Festive’s 2022 Christmas Biscuit Box has arrived and there’s something delicious for everyone!
25 Fun Food Elf Breakfast Ideas
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
Strawberry & Banana Candy Cane
This strawberry & banana candy cane is a fun easy Christmas fruit board, perfect for kids’ Christmas parties & a North Pole Breakfast.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!
These sound amazing, I think I need to try them!