Full of festive flavours, this Christmas Tortilla Hack is a seasonal take on the social media concept that took the world by storm.
behind the scenes
Tortilla + Christmas = Quick & Easy
The TikTok tortilla hack took the world by storm earlier in the year with everyone from food bloggers to celebrities getting in on the action!
Not ones to shy away from a foodie trend, we decided to jump aboard with our own Jolly Festive Christmas version and we now present you the Christmas Tortilla Hack!
While this would make a delicious Boxing Day lunch or alternative to Christmas Day tea, we think that the time that this really shines is in those hectic days in the run up to Christmas where dinner can feel like just another chore on the end of a never-ending to-do list.
Ready in less than 30 minutes and guaranteed to be a winner with the whole family, this is the epitome of a quick weeknight dinner!
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Plus, the ingredients are hugely interchangeable.
If you haven’t had a chance to make up a batch of Christmas Jam just yet then any cranberry or redcurrant jam/jelly will work here.
If brie isn’t your thing, try some goat cheese or even cheddar, and if you’re not a fan of prosciutto then roasted ham or shredded chicken would be great alternatives.
So if you haven’t tried the tortilla hack yet then jump onboard this festive train –we know you won’t look back!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Christmas Tortilla Hack
- 8 slices prosciutto (2 per tortilla)
- 200 g brie sliced (50g per tortilla)
- 2 tbsp Jolly Festive Christmas Jam (1/2 tbsp per tortilla)
- 1 large handfuls baby spinach (1 small handful per tortilla)
- 4 flour tortillas
- 20 g butter
- Place a large pan over a medium heat and fry the prosciutto until it begins to crisp up; you will likely need to do this in 2-3 batches. Place onto a paper towel to drain the fat.
- Place the tortilla directly in front of you and from the center, cut a straight line downwards.
- Using the initial cut as a guide, place a portion of each ingredient into each “quarter” of the tortilla. We like to order the ingredients as follows in a clockwise direction from the cut; jam, prosciutto, spinach and brie.
- Starting with the jam quarter first, fold the quarters on top of themselves in a clockwise direction.
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and add a quarter of the butter. Place the folded tortilla into the pan and cook for 2-3 min per side until crisp and golden.
- Serve and enjoy!
It’s the ultimate leftover meal. It’s the ultimate comfort food. It is, of course, Jolly Festive’s Ultimate Turkey Pie!
Our Winter Butternut Squash Salad is a perfect alternative to the richer festive fare whilst still celebrating the flavours of the season.
Combining two Christmas classics, these Hot Chocolate Cookies are dangerously gooey and make for an utterly delicious festive treat.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!