It may be cold outside, but this gingerbread ice cream will give you all the cosy feels with warm spices and scents of Christmas.
15 mins + freezing
behind the scenes
Run, run as fast as you can to your gingerbread ice cream dreams!
Ah gingerbread! One of the quintessential Christmas treats and scents…nothing says the festive season quite like that first bite of gingerbread or sip of a gingerbread latte!
And while ice cream may be far from our minds on those cold December nights, this gingerbread ice cream recipe is a delicious holiday indulgence and will keep you happy all season long!
Now, don’t panic…we’re not suggesting you run out and buy an ice cream machine. Nor are we suggesting making a custard from scratch.
I mean, we might be all about indulgence but you’ve seen our tag line…less stress is key! And that’s what this gingerbread ice cream recipe is…completely stress-free!
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Less Stress, More Deliciousness
First of all, there is no churning involved so you don’t need an ice cream maker nor do you need to set multiple alarms to remind yourself to pull it out of the freezer and give it a stir.
Instead, the combination of double cream and sweetened condensed milk does all of the hard work to create a luscious and creamy gingerbread ice cream that is the perfect accompaniment to any Christmas dessert (or even better, just in a bowl on its own!)
And no, there’s none of that burning heat of ginger, instead the mixed spice gives a perfect balance of flavour with just an extra hit of cinnamon and ginger to give you the cosy warmth of the season.
Plus, when you add the gingerbread biscuits…can you say texture explosion!!! Seriously, this gingerbread ice cream recipe ticks all the boxes and then some!
So what are you waiting for? As soon as gingerbread biscuits are back in the shops make sure you try this ice cream recipe…both you and any Christmas guests you have will thank us!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Gingerbread Ice Cream
- 360 ml double cream
- 150 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 1½ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- 150 g gingerbread biscuits
- Measure the spices into a small bowl and set aside.
- Place the gingerbread biscuits into a Ziplock bag and seal. Using a rolling pin, gently crush the biscuits so you have a combination of both rubble and larger chunks. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the double cream until it holds soft peaks.
- Gently fold in the sweetened condensed milk and the spices, ensuring not to push out all of the air that was added when the cream was whipped.
- Carefully add in the crumbled gingerbread biscuits, folding to ensure they are evenly distributed.
- Pour the mixture into a 9.5”x5” loaf tin and place into the freezer for 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the freezer, scoop and enjoy! We recommend serving with an extra gingerbread biscuit or two!!
This Easy Christmas Snack Mix is the perfect combination of crunchy, salty and sweet, but be warned it is seriously addictive!
This winter salad with apple and cranberries is insanely delicious, hugely satisfying and a great way to celebrate the produce of the season!
Pigs in blankets meet the all-time picnic classic in these Christmas sausage rolls, perfect to accompany any festive tipple!