Buttery, crumbly, & rich, Grandma Gleeson’s Christmas Fudge is the thing festive traditions, and homemade gifts, are made of!
GF & vegetarian
behind the scenes
Grandma Gleeson’s Christmas Fudge, a generational traditon
Grandma Gleeson’s Christmas fudge is a festive tradition.
Although let me be clear, Grandma Gleeson is not mine or Hannah’s grandmother, but instead the grandmother of a close friend. And this recipe has been handed down through the generations.
It embedded itself into our Christmas traditions when our friend started to drop some off in the run-up to Christmas…and we’ve never looked back.
This year, she generously agreed to allow us to share the recipe so that Grandma Gleeson’s Christmas Fudge can be enjoyed far and wide!
Berry & Candy Cane Gin
Looking for more edible gift ideas? Why not try our Berry & Candy Cane Gin –the perfect balance of sweetness & peppermint!
It’s gorgeous caramel colour packs so much flavour, especially with the addition of traditional vanilla. It feels like you’re taking a step back into a simpler time with each bite and oh my goodness it is so delicious.
Now, don’t panic when you start to read the list of ingredients. I’ve already said many times before that Christmas is not the time of year to worry about looking for the diet option and this fudge is the polar opposite of that! It is sweet and rich and buttery and everything you want in December!
That being said, I do suggest cutting it into bitesize morsels because it is not something you want to eat mountains of in one sitting…unless you plan on frequenting your dentist’s office a lot next year!
And if you are able to part with any of it, then as regular recipients Hannah and I can assure you that Grandma Gleeson’s Christmas fudge makes a wonderful gift for family and friends.
Plus…yes, you guessed it…we have once again done the work for you when it comes to a gift tag, so all you need to do is print, cut and you are good to go!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Grandma Gleeson's Christmas Fudge
- 397 g condensed milk
- 8 tbsp warm water
- 140 g unsalted butter
- 560 g granulated sugar
- 3 rounded dessertspoons golden syrup
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Grease a tin about 10 inches square and set aside.
- Pour the condensed milk into a thick bottom pan. Use the water to swill out the square pan and then add to the condensed milk along with the butter, sugar, salt and golden syrup.
- Heat the pan gently over a low heat, taking care not to bring to the boil until all of the sugar has dissolved; stir intermittently to ensure it doesn’t catch.
- Once the sugar has fully dissolved, increase the heat to medium high brining the mixture to a fast boil. Stir continuously, ensuring you scrape the bottom and sides of the pan.
- The mixture will thicken and begin to turn a dark golden colour. Test for the right consistency by dropping a small teaspoon of mixture into a bowl of cold water. You should be able to form this into a soft ball which holds its shape. If not, boil a little longer and test again.
- Once soft ball stage is achieved, remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly and add the vanilla essence, beating the mixture until it goes still.
- Quickly pour into the prepared tin and leave at room temperature for 1-2 hours to cool and harden.
- Cut into pieces and store in an airtight container for 1-2 weeks.
Quick, easy & oh so cheerful, these Santa Strawberries are sure to be your #1 healthy Christmas treat!
Welcome Your Elf With A North Pole Breakfast
Ever heard of a North Pole Breakfast? Welcome your elf with a breakfast-to-end-all-breakfasts that’ll make you ‘The Best Parents in the World’!
This indulgent Banoffee Pie might not be the traditional Christmas dessert but makes a great addition to any celebration table!
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!