This Hot Chocolate Gift Mug is perfect for everyone on your list. It’s decadent, indulgent & comes together in minutes, what could be better?!
1 gift bag
GF / vegetarian
Note: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that we may earn a small commission when you click on such links, at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We only share links to products we would use ourselves and all opinions are our own. You can read the full disclaimer here.
behind the scenes
Warm Up The Holidays with a Hot Chocolate Gift Mug
Nothing screams the festive season more than snuggling up on the sofa with a blanket and sipping on a steaming cup of hot chocolate.
It’s a seasonal treat best shared, and The Hot Chocolate Gift Mug would make an ideal present for anyone you’d like to share it with!
Let’s be honest, hot chocolate or hot cocoa is a tried and tested firm favourite throughout winter but can feel especially necessary during those long dark December nights.
Whether you’re trying to warm up the family after a day out, or treat yourself following an evening of online Christmas shopping or gift wrapping, hot chocolate is an indulgence that the whole family can enjoy.
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
That being said, many of us rarely take the time to make a real cup of hot cocoa where shards of creamy, rich chocolate are melted into steaming milk to create a drink so indulgent it can only be paired with this wonderful time of year!
We believe that hot chocolate (and all its trimmings) lends itself beautifully to a gift for a loved one; enter The Hot Chocolate Gift Mug!
The best part about this gift is that not only is it relatively affordable, it’s also easy and extremely thoughtful; a homemade touch is always the most meaningful in our opinion!
This gift is perfect for anyone in your circle who loves a delicious cup of hot chocolate – your Mum, your best friend, your boss and almost anyone in between!
Fabulous as a treat just on its own or we have a whole host of suggestions for ways you can embellish your gift to make it as generous and decadent as you desire.
↑ Check Out Your Printable Labels Here ↑
what’s in a mug
Hot Chocolate Gift Mug Must-Haves
Hot Chocolate Mix
You can of course buy a ready prepared hot cocoa powder but it’s so easy, not to mention cheaper, to make your own. Check out our quick and easy recipe for Jolly Festive’s Decadent Hot Chocolate Mix below. Just reading it is enough to get you salivating!
A Hot Chocolate Mug
Almost the most important part, second only to the hot chocolate mix itself. We recommend using a large mug so you can fill it with a generous amount of mix, and your loved one will have plenty of space for a lovely big serving with plenty of delicious toppings! Have a look at some of our favourite mugs below:
- Go personalised with this gorgeous enamel mug from Sophia Victoria Joy.
- This fun vibrant mug from Sassy Bloom would make the perfect addition to any little one’s Christmas Eve box.
- Why not treat a couple, perhaps Mum & Dad, with this cheeky mug duo from Harley Dog Designs?
Store bought marshmallows are an easy way to go and there are so many varieties available, especially at this time of year. Try jumbo, mini or even some festive themed; take a look at these delicious flavours from The Naked Marshmallow Co.
For that truly luxurious festive hot chocolate, there has to be a light dusting of sprinkles on top. Chocolate sprinkles or cocoa powder are the traditional toppings of choice but you could add another nod to the season, with Christmas sprinkles or crushed candy cane instead.
Christmas Tree Decoration
You can never have enough Christmas tree ornaments. Including a small one here adds an additional Christmassy touch to this thoughtful gift.
As a final flourish, attach a decorative recipe card to let your recipient know how to make the perfect cup of hot chocolate! We’ve done the hard word for you so just print out the Jolly Festive recipe card above and cut to size.
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
The Hot Chocolate Gift Mug
take it to the next level
How to Make Your Gift Mug Even More Decadent
Here are some other ideas of things that you could add to The Hot Chocolate Gift Mug to really step it up a notch!
- Hot chocolate stencil. Sophia Victoria Joy’s brilliant festive drink stencils will add the perfect finishing touch to anyone’s hot cocoa design.
- Hot chocolate cook book. For the true hot cocoa fan, this world tour of hot chocolate by Hannah Miles or 120 hot chocolate recipes by Bonnie Scott will really whet the appetite!
- Seasonal hot water bottle. We love this knitted reindeer design from Amazon and fun antler cover from Sparks & Daughters at Not On The High Street. Perfect for the complete winter snuggle!
- Winter blanket. Who wouldn’t want to cosy up with this fairisle fleece blanket at Amazon or this gorgeous snuggly design from Baby Yorke Designs?
- Festive candle. This gingerbread candle from the Rhubarb Candle Company seems a fitting addition to a hot chocolate gift mug, or this cute hanging votive from The White Company.
- For a bit of seasonal fun. These caribou cocoa buddies from Uncommon Goods will really add a little seasonal silliness to your gift.
2022 Christmas Biscuit Box
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, Jolly Festive’s 2022 Christmas Biscuit Box has arrived and there’s something delicious for everyone!
25 Fun Food Elf Breakfast Ideas
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
Strawberry & Banana Candy Cane
This strawberry & banana candy cane is a fun easy Christmas fruit board, perfect for kids’ Christmas parties & a North Pole Breakfast.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!