Our midweek musings on all things festive! We share all the latest Christmas ideas, information and inspiration with you.
Remembering Her Majesty’s Christmas Broadcasts and comforting ourselves with festive feels. Read on for our Midweek Musings …
Note: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that we may earn a small commission when you click on such links, at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We only share links to products we would use ourselves and all opinions are our own. You can read the full disclaimer here.
- We were both so sad to hear of the passing of Queen Elizabeth II and send our sincerest sympathies to The Royal Family and all who were close to The Queen. As with many across the country and indeed the world, we have been reflecting on Her Majesty’s tremendous service. Even our Christmas Days have been shaped by her messages of reflection and we have enjoyed revisiting Christmas Broadcasts from across the decades. The video below is from the very first televised Christmas message, 65 years ago! Thank you, Ma’am.
- Did anyone else spy year-round Christmas shop Christmas & More on Steph’s Packed Lunch last week (starts around 43mins)? Yey, how exciting to see the gorgeous Kendal store sprinkling tinsel across Channel 4! For the full store lowdown, check out our visit here.
- Totally in love with Norah Jones’ Christmas album at the moment. The soundtrack to our September office days!
UK Year-Round Christmas Shops
A complete guide to all the year-round Christmas Shops across the UK. Where’s your nearest?
- Awwww this is the perfect picture frame for those Christmas selfies. Get yourself in the snowglobe now!
- How lovely is this … Anyone heading to Christmas at Bolesworth in Cheshire this year will get two free children’s tickets to see Santa if they book an adult entrance ticket before the end of October. Now that’s our kind of Christmas cheer! Check out this and all the other Christmas light trails across the UK with our interactive map.
- Well these have just brightened up our hump day! Sooo getting them for a friend this year!
- New mini cheddar flavour snack tin out now. Cheddar and smoked paprika – sounds scrummy! Don’t mind if we do…!
Check Out Our Latest Videos
Stuck between summer and Christmas? Try some easy no-churn gingerbread ice cream whilst you wait for the season to turn.
- Look out for Fatface’s festive shopping bags when they arrive in stores. For the last few years the store has been decorating their paper bags to enable us to repurpose them as gift wrap and decorations! What a fab idea! We wish more stores did this.
- We knew it!!! Cranberries really are the best! Research at the University of East Anglia has concluded that adding cranberries to your diet could help improve memory and brain function, and lower ‘bad’ cholesterol.
- Totally the game of our family get together this summer. We’re absolutely loving The Mind. Anyone else?
Enjoyed This Week’s Midweek Musings?
Be sure to share with your friends -let’s sprinkle Christmas cheer far and wide!
Follow Us For All The Latest Festive News
KEEP IN TOUCH
Subscribe to our newsletter for ideas & inspiration direct to your inbox throughout the festive season!
(Just think of us as your very own elves - Hannah & Jo)
Success! Now check your email to confirm your subscription. Don't forget to check your spam as your system doesn't know us like you do quite yet!
What’s Trending In Activities?
Less wasteful, more wonderful! What’s not to love about reusable Christmas crackers? Here’s 17 of the best eco crackers on the market for 2022!
Bring your Christmas movie visions to life with a bowl of Christmas Fettuccine that would make Iris and Miles proud!!
These recipes inspired by Christmas movies will ensure you always have the perfect treat ready for your Christmas film watching needs!
Looking to create this festive bright Christmas décor trend in your home? Here’s 21 of our favourite pieces guaranteed to add Christmas cheer!
Bauble Trees are the perfect Christmas Wall Art! Great for showcasing your most precious baubles or using up extras(!), they add an amazing pop of festive feels to any area of your home.
Don’t break the bank for all-new decorations: here’s 17 easy hacks for repurposing your home décor for a blue and gold Christmas!
Timeless, elegant & fabulously striking, the latest trend for gold & blue Christmas decorations is perfect for embracing your celestial self!
We’ve scoured the country to create a Complete Guide to the year round Christmas Shops in the UK. What’s more, we’ve visited them all too!
The big day is approaching; have you decided what’s on the menu? Design Your Perfect Christmas Dinner with our picture chart.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!