Make your own fabulously fun mushroom wrapping paper for a unique gift wrap idea with this easy cookie cutter kraft paper design.
- Family Friendly
- Time & Effort
- Supplies Needed
We love homemade gift wrap – easy to make and guaranteed to impress. So bringing the current mushroom trend together with this fun craft idea was a no-brainer! Plus it’s the perfect paper to use when wrapping a gift for a mushroom loving friend!
Scroll down for details of how to make this fun mushroom wrapping paper design.
Note: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that we may earn a small commission when you click on such links, at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We only share links to products we would use ourselves and all opinions are our own. You can read the full disclaimer here.
What You’ll Need
You really don’t need much to make this cookie cutter-style toadstool wrapping paper. Plus it’s so easy that you can get even the littlest of hands involved.
Click here for our full Cookie Cutter Wrapping Paper tutorial and more design inspiration!
Acrylic paints works well and we used a mixture of different complementary shades. Metallic gold, rose gold, and copper looked great on the peach and pale pink papers. And we loved the contrast of pale baby pink mushroom outlines on the green kraft paper too.
Mushroom Cookie Cutter
Obviously you can use any mushroom shaped cookie cutter you can find, or even free-hand the outlines. But we really liked this cookie cutter duo set. Just be sure to wash them regularly as you stamp to avoid permanently staining the cutters.
It’s fun to play around with different mushroom wrapping paper designs.
- Different paint colours.
- Mixing up the size of mushroom stamp used.
- A free-flowing pattern or neat lines of stamped mushroom shapes.
Finish your wrapped gift with a fun final flourish for extra wow factor!
- Cut a mushroom shape gift tag from a matching coloured card.
- Add some natural pine and secure it in place with twine.
- Hang a cute little mushroom decoration from the wrapped gift as a bonus treat.
How To Make Mushroom Wrapping Paper
Mushroom Wrapping Paper
- Acrylic Paint
- Kraft Paper
- Cover surface with newspaper or a sheet for protection.
- Lay out kraft paper and secure in corners.
- Add some acrylic paint of choice to a plate.
- Dip the cookie cutter into the acrylic paint and stamp onto the kraft paper. Repeat until kraft paper is covered to preference.
- Leave to dry.
Looking for mushroom inspiration?
And be sure to check out our latest Christmas trends for the hottest décor ideas this year!