What’s got a festive flare and is better than an oatmeal raisin cookie you ask? Our oatmeal m&m cookies, that’s what!
behind the scenes
Gooey, chewy, oatmeal m&m cookies!
‘Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are the main reason I have trust issues’
I can’t be the only one who’s seen that meme?!
And while I myself am quite partial to an oatmeal raisin cookie, those little dried grapes are often the reason people steer well clear. Well not this time.
Helloooo oatmeal m&m cookies!
These are like taking the gooey-ness of a chocolate chip cookie and combining it with the chewiness of an oatmeal cookie, all the while ensuring that the m&ms provide a burst of Christmas colour!
Just one bite of these oatmeal m&m cookies and you’ll feel like a kid on Christmas morning! And really, what more can you ask of a holiday treat?!
Now doesn’t get antsy about the browning of the butter step. It’s simple. Adds flavour. And makes your kitchen smell delicious. Win, win, win! But seriously, this step really elevates this oatmeal m&m cookie into something that you might include in your Christmas biscuit box.
We know it’s going in ours.
2021 Christmas Biscuit Box
Looking for more Christmas cookie inspiration?! Check out our 2021 Christmas Biscuit Box for delicious ideas!
Oatmeal m&m Cookies –perfect for anything Christmas throws at you!
And…we also know that they will be devoured in minutes. Dunk them in your tea, dip them in milk, heck it’s Christmas, why not eat them for breakfast too?!
These oatmeal m&m cookies are the ultimate crowd pleaser in any environment. Whether you put a plate out for guests, give them as a gift, or enjoy one during a moment of solitude once the kids are in bed.
These oatmeal m&m cookies are where the party is at this Christmas and every Christmas to come!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Oatmeal m&m Cookies
- 200 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g brown sugar
- 170 g butter unsalted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 120 g rolled oats
- 180 g m&ms red and green
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda; set aside.
- Warm a large pan over medium heat and add the butter to brown. The butter will foam and sizzle as it melts and gold specks will begin to appear on the bottom of the pan.
- When those specks turn a toasty brown color and there is a nutty aroma to the butter, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Place the butter into a large bowl and stir in the brown sugar until fully incorporated.
- Add the egg and the vanilla extract stirring in between each addition to ensure they are fully combined into the mixture.
- Gently stir in the flour mixture. Once fully incorporated stir in the oats and m&ms making sure they are evenly distributed.
- Allow the mixture to cool in the refrigerator from 30 mins. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper during this time.
- Scoop out the cookies (1.5-2tbsp per cookie) and place onto the baking tray leaving 2” between them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges are set and the cookies are gorgeously golden.
- Remove and allow to cool. Enjoy!
Indulge in our no-churn Cadbury Chocolate Finger ice cream—a delicious creamy vanilla treat with crushed chocolate biscuits!
Enjoy the luscious blend of minty freshness and rich dark chocolate with this divine creamy homemade no churn After Eight ice cream recipe.
Introducing our 2023 Christmas Biscuit Box. Returning for a third year, it’s our best yet! Prepare to drool as you create this beautiful homemade gift.