Simple to make and delicious to eat, these gluten free Orange Amaretti Biscuits smell divine, are perfectly chewy, & full of fabulous flavour.
A Mouthful Of Italian-Inspired Heaven
These orange amaretti biscuits are the best! Just the right amount chewy with a crunchy outer layer. They look amazing, taste even better, and are so easy to make. Talk about ticking all the boxes!
Plus, did we mention that they are Gluten Free? No flour.* And, in fact, no fat either. With the orange in there too, surely they are almost healthy hahaha. Based on the classic Italian Amaretti biscuit, we’ve added the orange for a citrus twist and to make the biscuits just that little bit more festive (obvs!).
* Well, no wheat flour anyway! The base of these biscuits is almond flour which is gluten free and readily available in health food stores and online. It gives the cookies that wonderful amaretti-inspired almond flavour.
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Orange Amaretti Biscuit Recipe
Orange Amaretti Biscuits
- 380 g almond flour
- 200 g caster sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 1.5 tsp almond extract
- 1.5 tsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- ¾ tsp orange zest
- 70 g caster sugar
- 50 g icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 160C andline a large baking tray with greaseproof paper; set aside.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the almond flour and 200g of caster sugar; whisk to incorporate and then set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until stiff peaks form; 2-3minutes. Using a spatula, gently fold a third to a half of the almond sugar mixture into the egg whites; do not whisk them in.
- Add the almond extract, orange juice and orange zest to the mixture and carefully fold in the remaining almond sugar mixture until a thick paste forms.
- Using a cookie scoop or large spoon, carefully scoop out 2 tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball. Roll the ball first in the additional caster sugar, ensuring it is coated, and then in the icing sugar. Place the cookie ball onto the baking tray and repeat for the remainder of the mixture.
- Once all of the cookies are rolled, gently press the top of each one with your palm or the back of a spoon to flatten them slightly.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes; remove and allow to cool.
More Recipe Ideas:
If you enjoyed this Orange Amaretti Biscuit recipe, you might like these too:
And be sure to check out our Edible Gift Library for heaps of fun homemade food gift inspiration. There’s something for everyone on your nice list!
Indulge in our no-churn Cadbury Chocolate Finger ice cream—a delicious creamy vanilla treat with crushed chocolate biscuits!
Enjoy the luscious blend of minty freshness and rich dark chocolate with this divine creamy homemade no churn After Eight ice cream recipe.
Introducing our 2023 Christmas Biscuit Box. Returning for a third year, it’s our best yet! Prepare to drool as you create this beautiful homemade gift.