This Oreo hot chocolate is rich & creamy and tastes just like the infamous cookies ‘n’ cream biscuit! Delicious!
behind the scenes
Gimme, gimme, gimme an Oreo hot chocolate!
Nothing, I repeat nothing, beats curling up on the sofa on a cold winter’s afternoon sipping on a steaming cup of hot chocolate. Whether you’re making it out of a sachet or melting chocolate into milk, nothing is quite as comforting or as indulgent!
But if you’re looking to add a little bit of pzazz into your standard hot chocolate routine then look no further than this Oreo hot chocolate.
All you need is 2 ingredients (yes, you heard me, two ingredients) and 10 minutes and you’ll have yourself an Oreo hot chocolate that might even be better than the biscuit themselves!
Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate
Need a hot chocolate recipe for a crowd? Look no further than our Slow Cooker Hot Chocolate –perfect for the whole family!
If you’re sitting there questioning whether or not this Oreo hot chocolate could possibly taste like the biscuit, then let me tell you…it most definitely does! In fact, the Oreo flavour comes through so strongly that even the fiercest of Oreo cravings will be satisfied.
And, for all those cynics out there, the biscuits really do dissolve fully into the milk to make this Oreo hot chocolate. It might need a little bit of whisking to help it along the way, but honestly you might not even need to resort to such intense manual labour.
When life gives you an Oreo, make Oreo hot chocolate!
There are just two very important things to note when you make this Oreo hot chocolate recipe:
- Follow the biscuit to filling ratio in the ingredient list very carefully! Add four whole biscuits and the Oreo hot chocolate will be gloopy but miss out the extra bit of filling and the balance of sweetness won’t be quite right.
- Only allow it to thicken slightly on the heat. It will keep thickening afterwards and again, no one wants a gloopy Oreo hot chocolate!
Oh and when it comes to toppings for this Oreo hot chocolate…the world is your…marshmallow!!! I’m a big fan of the squirty cream and crushed up Oreo combination but don’t let me hold you back! Marshmallows, candy canes, cocoa powder, chocolate shavings…they would all be delicious, no need to hold back.
Heck, you can even add a mince pie to the top of this Oreo hot chocolate if you want –we won’t judge!
Oh and by the way, a quick note to our vegan readers … we’ve tweaked this recipe to make a vegan oreo hot chocolate just for you. Be sure to check it out!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
Oreo Hot Chocolate
- 3 Oreos + the filling of an additional one
- 250 ml whole milk
- Toppings: squirty cream, crushed Oreos, marshmallows etc. optional
- Place the Oreos, along with the filling from an additional one, and the milk into a small saucepan.
- Heat on low until the Oreos dissolve and the mixture begins to thicken slightly. You don’t want it to thicken too much or it will taste gloopy.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a cup.
- Top with squirty cream and extra crushed Oreos if you like.
2022 Christmas Biscuit Box
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, Jolly Festive’s 2022 Christmas Biscuit Box has arrived and there’s something delicious for everyone!
25 Fun Food Elf Breakfast Ideas
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
Strawberry & Banana Candy Cane
This strawberry & banana candy cane is a fun easy Christmas fruit board, perfect for kids’ Christmas parties & a North Pole Breakfast.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!