This may just be the easiest recipe to ever come out of the Jolly Festive kitchen, plus it makes for the perfect December weekend activity for little hands to help with! Truly, the hardest part of making these Oreo Truffles is waiting for the chocolate to set at the end and we will completely understand if you don’t manage to achieve it – no judgement here!
Mixing the Oreos with the cream cheese gives the filling of these truffles a very cheesecake-y texture and flavour, and what more could you want than a perfect mouthful of Oreo cheesecake encased in a shell of dark chocolate and topped with Christmas sprinkles! Family members of all ages will love the combination and while these may last in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, we really doubt that they will make it that long!
So, whether you decide to make these for your family, or to give away as gifts this year (they make a fantastic homemade present!) we know that these Oreo truffles will not disappoint.
- 450g Oreo cookies
- 220g cream cheese, softened
- 300g dark chocolate
- 3tbsp coconut oil
- Christmas sprinkles to decorate
- Place the Oreo cookies into a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs form, set aside.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese for 2mins, using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy. Mix in the Oreo crumbs to the cream cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper.
- Roll the Oreo mixture into 1tbsp balls and place on the greaseproof lined baking sheet. Place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- After the 1-2 hours, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments to prevent the chocolate from burning or seizing.
- Dip each Oreo ball into the chocolate mixture until fully coated in the chocolate. Place back onto the greaseproof lined baking sheet and add festive sprinkles; repeat for remaining Oreo balls.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to allow the chocolate to set. These will keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 4 days.