Elevate any occasion with our scrumptious Smoked Salmon Pâté – perfect for brunch, parties, or fancy festive nights in with family & friends!
8 – 10
Make Ahead, Entertaining
8 – 10
Make Ahead, Entertaining
We’ve got a lovely little recipe for you. One that’s bound to become a new kitchen favourite. A Super Easy Smoked Salmon Pâté & Dip. Fancy enough for special occasions but simple enough for cosy nights in.
It’s the kind of dish that’ll have your friends and family asking, “Can I get the recipe, please?”. So whether you’re planning a brunch, hosting a party, or just unwinding on a cosy evening, this versatile treat is ready to impress.
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Smoked salmon is one of those ingredients that adds instant luxury. Synonymous with the Christmas season, it’s an almost guaranteed crowd pleaser and fabulously versatile. And this salmon pate recipe is no exception. The combination of soft cream cheese, delicious smoked salmon, zesty lemon and fresh dill works so well, creating a light creamy pâté that is sure to be devoured in no time.
Here’s the secret: This recipe is perfect for using up any leftover salmon (is there such a thing?!) from earlier Christmas festivities. Or you could buy smoked salmon trimmings. No need to splurge on expensive premium salmon slices as it all gets blended in the food processor anyway.
A Dish For All Occasions
Because this smoked salmon recipe works just as well as a pâté and a dip, it is extremely adaptable. Plus, the fact that it can be made in advance and left to set slightly in the fridge is a game-changer. No last-minute panic or stress here!
Here are a few ideas for how to serve it:
- Spread it generously on bagels for a scrumptious Boxing Day or New Year’s Day brunch.
- Create light and delightful sandwiches with cucumber slices for a light lunch.
- Elevate your Christmas party or family games night by serving it as a dip with crackers and vegetable crudité.
- Turn it into an appetiser or starter for your Christmas Day dinner or any other special occasion.
How Long Does Smoked Salmon Pâté Keep?
Store the pâté in an airtight container in the fridge for 1 to 2 days. The smoked salmon pate can be frozen for up to three months (so consider making extra to save for later). Defrost overnight in the fridge before use.
What To Serve With Smoked Salmon Pate
Again the versatility of this salmon spread / pate / dip(!) comes into its own as it goes well with all sorts of accompaniments.
- Spread on toasted bagels or slices of toast. Add some capers, red onion, and a final squeeze of lemon for the ultimate bagel experience.
- When serving as a dip, pair with an assortment of crackers, breadsticks, and colourful vegetable crudité.
- Add to a charcuterie board with a selection of cheeses, cured meats, olives and some fresh fruit.
- Use as a topping for jacket potatoes.
- Turn it into a pasta dish. Create a creamy pasta sauce by mixing the pâté with a bit of cream or crème fraîche to soften it before tossing with hot cooked pasta and garnishing with fresh herbs.
Tips To Customise Your Smoked Salmon Pâté
Our Super Easy Smoked Salmon Pâté & Dip is not only delicious but also highly adaptable. Whether you have specific dietary preferences or you’re looking to experiment with flavours, here are some tips and variations to help you customize your pâté and make it uniquely yours:
- Herbs Galore: While our recipe features dill for that classic flavour, don’t hesitate to experiment with other herbs. Fresh chives, tarragon or parsley are all great options.
- Zesty Twists: Want to give your pâté a zing? Add a touch of grated lemon zest in addition to the juice, or even a pinch of horseradish can be a great addition.
- The Spice of Life: For a bit of heat, consider incorporating a dash of smoked paprika or a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
- Texture Play: Play around with the texture: Pulse your ingredients in the food processor less for a chunkier dip or keep it going for an ultra-smooth pâté.
- Flavourful Garnish: Elevate your presentation by garnishing your pâté with additional dill, chives, or even a sprinkle of black sesame seeds for that touch of elegance.
Smoked Salmon Pâté Recipe
Smoked Salmon Pâté and Dip
- 220 g cream cheese softened
- 150 g soured cream
- 120 g smoked salmon
- ½ lemon (juice of)
- 1 tbsp fresh dill chopped
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Pulse until combined into a smooth dip.
- Serve with crackers and crudité or as a spread for bagels.
Indulge in our no-churn Cadbury Chocolate Finger ice cream—a delicious creamy vanilla treat with crushed chocolate biscuits!
Enjoy the luscious blend of minty freshness and rich dark chocolate with this divine creamy homemade no churn After Eight ice cream recipe.
Introducing our 2023 Christmas Biscuit Box. Returning for a third year, it’s our best yet! Prepare to drool as you create this beautiful homemade gift.