The perfect sharing food, there really is no better leftover dish for your Christmas movie or games night than these Turkey Nachos.
4 – 6
4 – 6
The Perfect Movie Food: Turkey Nachos
Time seems to stand still on those strange Twixmas days between Christmas and New Year.
We fill the hours by playing games, watching those Christmas movies we didn’t quite get around to before the big day, lazing in our pyjamas and eating copious amounts of leftovers – these loaded Turkey Nachos are perfect for enabling us to keep up those traditions!
The perfect sharing food, there really is no better leftover dish to make for your Christmas movie or games night with the family. And it’s so easy you’ll wonder why you haven’t tried it sooner!
Plus, they are so moreish that you really need to be wearing an elasticated waistband to enjoy this dish fully – go ahead and embrace the PJs-all-day look while tucking into these for dinner, we won’t tell!
So, add this recipe to your Christmas leftover schedule for this year, download Jolly Festive’s Christmas Movie Bingo, or dive into one of our festive family games and you will have the perfect holiday evening at home!
(Oh, and don’t forget the festive guacamole to go alongside!)
Looking for more Christmas food inspiration? Click here to see our other recipes.
Turkey Nachos Recipe
- 350 g Cooked Turkey roughly chopped
- 1 medium Brown Onion diced
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp Chipotle Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 175 g Tomato Salsa
- 250 g Corn Tortilla Chips
- 200 g Cheddar Cheese grated
- 400 g Black Beans drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp Coriander chopped
- 1 medium Avocado sliced
- 1 lime cut into eighths
- Preheat the oven to 230C and spread the tortilla chips evenly over a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, paprika, chipotle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the turkey and the spices, tossing together to ensure evenly coated. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes until heated through. Add the salsa mix to combine.
- While the turkey mixture is cooking, place the black beans into a small pan and heat over a low heat until thoroughly warmed through.
- Once the beans and turkey are heated through, begin assembling the nachos. Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese over the tortilla chips, then cover with the beans followed by the turkey. Finally add the remaining ¾ cheese on top. Place into the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly and everything is heated through.
- Top with avocado, lime and coriander and enjoy!
These pull apart Christmas cupcake ideas are perfect for Christmas parties and get togethers. Big on impact, little on effort: the ideal festive showstopper!
Prefer the apple to the grape? This mulled cider recipe is for you! Warming & full of festive flavour, choose alcoholic or non.
Ever heard of a North Pole Breakfast? Welcome your elf with a breakfast-to-end-all-breakfasts that’ll make you ‘The Best Parents in the World’!