Time seems to stand still on those strange days between Christmas and New Year. We fill the hours by playing games, watching those Christmas movies we didn’t quite get around to before the big day, lazing in our pyjamas and eating copious amounts of leftovers – these Turkey Nachos are perfect for enabling us to keep up those traditions!
The perfect sharing food, there really is no better leftover dish to make for your Christmas movie or games night with the family. Plus, they are so moreish that you really need to be wearing an elasticated waistband to enjoy this dish fully – go ahead and embrace the PJs-all-day look while tucking into these for dinner, we won’t tell!
So, add this recipe to your Christmas leftover schedule for this year, download Jolly Festive’s Christmas Movie Bingo or get the Christmas Zoom Catch-Up scheduled in and you will have the perfect 2020 Movie/Games night on your hands!
(Oh, and don’t forget the festive guacamole to go alongside!)
- 350g cooked turkey, roughly chopped
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1tsp paprika
- 1tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 175g tomato salsa
- 250g tortilla chips
- 200g Cheddar cheese, grated
- 400g black beans, drained
- 3tbsp coriander, chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 lime, cut into 1/8s
- Preheat the oven to 230C and spread the tortilla chips evenly over a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a small bowl combine the garlic powder, paprika, chipotle chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper; set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until it begins to soften. Add the turkey and the spices, tossing together to ensure evenly coated. Allow to cook for 5-7 minutes until heated through. Add the salsa mix to combine.
- While the turkey mixture is cooking, place the black beans into a small pan and heat over a low heat until thoroughly warmed through.
- Once the beans and turkey are heated through, begin assembling the nachos. Sprinkle ¼ of the cheese over the tortilla chips, then cover with the beans followed by the turkey. Finally add the remaining ¾ cheese on top. Place into the preheated oven for 5-7 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly and everything is heated through.
- Top with avocado, lime and coriander and enjoy!
For more inspiration for using up those festive leftovers, click here. Fancy a Christmas cocktail to go alongside? We’ve got a whole host of wonderful creations in our Cocktail and Mocktail round-ups.