These easy Biscoff truffles are packed with the flavours of the season and are vegan too! Say hello to your new go-to Christmas treat!
2.5 hrs (inc. chilling)
DF, vegan, vegetarian
behind the scenes
Biscoff or Speculoos, it’s all Truffle to me!
ere’s no denying that we’ve all gone a bit Biscoff mad. From the original biscuits themselves, through to the spread (smooth and crunchy of course) as well as sandwich biscuits and so much more, Biscoff is poised to take over the world!
And with its cinnamon flavour that reminds us so much of the festive season, we decided it was about time we put our own spin on this delicious biscuit. Welcome, Biscoff truffles!
While everyone has become familiar with Biscoff over the last few years, Hannah & I have been familiar with it for longer than some!
Having spent several years living in Belgium, which is the original home of Biscoff, we became very familiar with this baked treat otherwise known as Speculoos.
Biscoff would find its way into my backpack for school, it was the biscuit I dunked into my tea (Tetley’s for anyone who’s curious) and it still tastes like a delicious memory from my adolescent years!!
That’s why, when we realised Jolly Festive didn’t have any recipes incorporating Biscoff that had to be rectified ASAP.
Vegan Oreo Hot Chocolate
Need a speedy hot chocolate fix?! This vegan oreo hot chocolate is SO easy and utterly delicious!
Did you say Vegan? These Biscoff Truffles are vegan?!
And given the love for our Oreo truffles, we thought what better way to add our flare to these festive biscuits than by creating a Biscoff truffle recipe. And what’s more, this one is vegan so you can finally rest assured that even your plant-based friends will find themselves a treat at the dessert table.
Now, we should state that we use Lotus brand Speculoos specifically when making these Biscoff truffles and they openly state that these are suitable for vegans. If you veer away from Lotus at all, we recommend you check packaging to ensure the biscuits are still vegan.
But assuming you’re using Lotus brand Biscoff then grab yourself some dairy free soft cheese alternative and some vegan chocolate and you are just a few steps away from Biscoff truffle heaven!
Looking for more festive food & drink inspiration? We’ve got everything from sweet treats and main events to delicious tipples and edible gifts guaranteed to wow your family & friends.
- 400 g Biscoff biscuits
- 270 g Vegan cream/soft cheese
- 250 g Vegan chocolate broken into pieces
- 1½ tbsp coconut oil
- Place the Biscoff cookies into a food process and pulse until fine crumbs form; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whip the soft cheese using an electric whisk, until light and fluffy. Add the Biscoff crumbs to the cheese, keeping a handful back for decoration.
- Mix the Biscoff and cheese mixture until fully combined.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Roll the Biscoff mixture into 1tbsp balls and place on the greaseproof paper. Place into the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to firm up.
- After 1-2 hours, melt the chocolate and coconut oil together in the microwave in 30 second increments to prevent the chocolate from burning or seizing.
- Drop each Biscoff ball into the chocolate mixture until fully coated. Place back onto the greaseproof paper and sprinkle some of the saved Biscoff crumbs on top; repeat for the remaining Biscoff balls.
- Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to allow the chocolate to set. These will keep in the refrigerator in an air tight container for up to 5 days.
2022 Christmas Biscuit Box
The moment you’ve all been waiting for, Jolly Festive’s 2022 Christmas Biscuit Box has arrived and there’s something delicious for everyone!
25 Fun Food Elf Breakfast Ideas
25 Elf Breakfast Ideas: a round-up of our favourite festive foods to serve at your North Pole Elf Breakfast.
Strawberry & Banana Candy Cane
This strawberry & banana candy cane is a fun easy Christmas fruit board, perfect for kids’ Christmas parties & a North Pole Breakfast.
Keep Up To Date With Our Latest Recipes!
Sign up to receive our newsletter and we'll keep you posted when new recipes are published.
You'll also get access to our complete Resource Library with heaps of festive inspiration and ideas to keep you having fun all the way to the Big Day itself!