Kiss last minute gift panic goodbye with our 5 Christmas gifts for grandparents that your kids can make & that will be treasured forever!
- Family Friendly
- Time & Effort
- Supplies Needed
Let’s be honest, grandparents often love a homemade gift from their grandchildren, but truly there’s only so much wall space for pasta photo frames! And so we decided it was time to think a little outside the box.
We’ve come up with five homemade Christmas gifts for grandparents which they can use again and again and display with pride!
Looking for more gift inspiration? Click here for ideas galore of what to put under the tree this year.
Note: This post contains some affiliate links. This means that we may earn a small commission when you click on such links, at no additional cost to you. As an Amazon Affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. We only share links to products we would use ourselves and all opinions are our own. You can read the full disclaimer here.
1. Photo Frame Christmas Tree Decoration
What better Christmas gift for a grandparent than a Christmas tree decoration? And with a picture of their grandchild inside, this will quickly become the new favourite ornament!
- 3 lollipop sticks
- Photo of choice
- Stickers, paint, glitter, crayons etc.
- Hot glue gun
- Use the hot glue gun, to stick the lollipop sticks together so that they form a triangle.
- Cut a piece of ribbon and thread through the triangle to create a loop at the top; tie a knot
- Have your child decorate the frame as they please –we love using paint & stickers!
- Measure the photo to size and cut to fit inside the frame
- Once dry (if using paint) use the hot glue gun to stick the picture on the back of the frame
10 Homemade Gift Ideas for Teachers
We asked teachers around the country about their most memorable and favourite gifts! Here are our ten best ideas for homemade teacher gifts
Put The Kettle On!
2. Treat Jar
With Bake Off back on our screens and the nights closing in, there is nothing more appealing at this time of year than a delicious baked treat.
So, what better Christmas gift for Grannie or Grandad than their own special treat jar! Plus, it is super simple –so you can leave the kids working on this while you get on with wrapping, organising or Christmas card writing!
Check out some recipe ideas below to add!
- Clean and dry the jar, inside and out
- Place masking tape on the jar to use as a guide to help keep the letters straight!
- Use the stickers to write out Grannie or Grandad’s Treats
- Remove the masking tape
- Add additional decorative stickers –as many as your child’s heart desires!
From The Future Artiste
3. Poinsettia Pot
Nothing says Christmas flower quite like a poinsettia, so why not help Grannie & Grandad to create a new tradition; their own specially crafted poinsettia pot which they can use year after year!
And no, we are not suggesting that you start sitting your little one down to a quick 10-hour pottery craft (!!!) but instead, buy a small flower pot, add some paint, glitter, stickers and hey presto –a fabulous Christmas gift for grandparents is born.
- Small terracotta flower pot
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brushes/sponges
- Glitter/glitter glue
- Spray acrylic sealer
- Scrub the outside of the thoroughly to ensure all dust is removed; we suggest using a Brillo pad. Allow to dry completely.
- Decorate with paint, glitter/glitter glue, stickers –allow your child’s inner artist to roam free!
- Allow any paint/glitter glue to dry fully before applying the sealer in an even coat; allow to dry once again.
NB. This method does not use a primer before applying the paint, which may mean that the paint fades a little over time but allows the pot (and poinsettia) to breathe.
Here’s To The New Year!
4. 2022 Calendar
Ah, the classic grandparent gift –a calendar! But we’ve given our template a modern twist and added a frame to the top so your little one can design a special masterpiece just for his/her grandparents!
- Jolly Festive’s 2022 Calendar Template – click here to download
- Crayons, paint, glitter, glitter glue, stickers, glue, scissors, coloured paper etc.
- (Optional) Laminator & lamination sheet
- Print Jolly Festive’s 2022 Calendar Template
- Allow your child to decorate the space at the top however they see fit!
- (Optional) Laminate the finished product to help protect it!
Spread The Word!
Like what you’ve seen? Be sure to share with your friends.
Let’s sprinkle Christmas cheer far and wide!
Get The Chef’s Hat Ready!
5. A Homemade Treat
We’re pretty sure that nothing tastes better to a grandparent than a festive treat prepared by their grandchild (with the help of an adult of course!)!
And so we’ve rounded up some of our favourite recipes from the site which are perfect for little hands. They may even make a great addition to the Treat Jar as well!
Click the photos below to check out each recipe!
Looking for more gift inspiration to spoil your family and friends? We’ve got gift guides, homemade gifting ideas & wrapping tips galore!
Like the look of these homemade Christmas gifts for grandparents? Do leave us a comment to let us know if you use any of the ideas above!
Looking for gift inspiration? Well, look no further! We have a whole host of gift guides ready and waiting for you right here.
More Gift Ideas
12 ideas for easy creative scrap fabric projects to put old material to good use, without the need to sew.
Looking for gift ideas for the mushroom enthusiasts in your world? We’ve rounded up the best mushroom gifts on the market for 2023.
23 ideas for what to do with old Christmas cards. Inspiration for repurposing, recycling, and reusing cards received.